Audiology and Hearing Aid Services
When you need hearing care, Hearing Aid Consultants of North Mississippi is your one-stop-shop. Whether you’re uncertain you have hearing loss and are in need of comprehensive testing or already wear hearing aids and are in need of repairs or a new pair, we’ve got you covered. Take a look at our full suite of services to better understand how we can help you with your auditory-related health concerns.
Hearing Aid Evaluation and Selection
During a hearing aid evaluation, your audiologist will discuss different hearing aid styles, colors, technologies and benefits. Your specialist will help you select the right hearing aid for your personal needs. Custom impressions may be taken of your ears, depending on the style of hearing device chosen.
Hearing Aid Dispensing and Fitting
Hearing aids can open a whole new world for people. That’s why we provide hearing aid dispensing and fitting services, ensuring that those who received hearing tests and wanted to take the next step into the journey of hearing aids can. The hearing aid dispensing and fitting process is a long but fun one, filled with information and trying on your hearing aids for the first time.
Hearing Aid Repairs
While we all expect our hearing aids to last forever, it’s unfortunate to say that at one point in time, they will break. Fortunately, your care team at Hearing Aid Consultants of North Mississippi will be there to help you. Whether you need a repair or regular maintenance, we’re available to provide excellent customer service for all your hearing aid service needs.
The audiologists and Hearing Aid Consultants of North Mississippi are highly trained to provide a complete hearing examination. A hearing examination typically includes a variety of non-invasive, pain-free hearing tests, including:
- Pure-tone tests
- Speech tests
- Middle ear tests
- Auditory brainstem response
Because hearing loss isn’t limited to those individuals who are older in age, we provide special care to infants and children. Parents can have peace of mind knowing that Hearing Aid Consultants of North Mississippi is specially trained to provide pediatric audiologic care.
Tinnitus Evaluation and Management
Tinnitus, a condition characterized by a constant whistling, whooshing, buzzing or other sound in the ear that isn’t experienced by other people, is more common than most people think. Unfortunately, treating tinnitus can be difficult, since many different conditions cause it. That said, an appointment at Hearing Aid Consultants of North Mississippi can help pinpoint the cause of your tinnitus and narrow down treatment options. Common tinnitus treatments include:
- Hearing aids: Often times, tinnitus occurs with hearing loss. As hearing loss is treated, the tinnitus often goes away.
- Change in regular medication: Tinnitus is often relieved with a change in medication. Consider talking with your primary care physician or pharmacist to see if you are taking a toxic medication and if an alternative is available.
- White noise/noise-masking machines: Unfortunately, sometimes tinnitus doesn’t go away. For these cases, individuals find that white noise machines can work to mask the sounds and make living with tinnitus easier. Running white noise machines, fans or light music in the background can help distract or diminish the tinnitus symptoms.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: For tougher cases of tinnitus that aren’t solved with hearing aids, a change in medication or white noise machines, some individuals seek out cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT helps an individual by boosting their overall happiness and mood by modifying their dysfunctional thoughts, emotions and behaviors that lead to a negative relationship with their tinnitus.